SNAP, Inc. IT Project Manager in Washington, Sweden
SNAP Inc. provides professional services that empower Government and private industry clients to address tomorrow’s challenges through better alignment of technology with their mission and business objectives. Employees of SNAP Inc. receive Paid Leave, Medical and Dental coverage (employee is paid for 100% by the company; dependents 50%), Life and Disability Coverage, and other benefits.
We are growing our business on a culture of employee engagement. If you are a team-centric, creative professional seeking a challenging and fulfilling career, come grow with us!
The IT Project Manager will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. The Project Manager works with the business line / stake holders to define and refine requirements and help guide the project teams to the right technical solution. The Project Manager also has technical knowledge of the environment / platform, coding practices, and software development lifecycle to assist with design, development and quality assurance aspects of a project.
Only candidates willing to work on a W2 basis will be considered. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Provide architectural guidance and drive infrastructure decisions in collaboration with other technical and management stakeholders.
- Assist with System Requirement Specifications, System Design Documentation and Test Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
- 7 or more years of project management, business process and software engineering experience.
- Working technical knowledge of Windows, Internet Information Server, and SQL Server.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Visio, Microsoft Office, and ability to understand technical tools such as Visual Studio, and SourceSafe.
- Experience with leading the development of Data Warehouse, Data Marts, ETL, and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Working knowledge of object oriented programming languages, including C# and the .Net Framework.
Preferred Experience and Abilities
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Graduate Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Cognos Business Intelligence.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Familiarity with Web Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Sitefinity and Sitecore.
Location: Washington, D.C.