Google Test Engineer (Audio) in Stockholm, Sweden
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D; lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
With your technical expertise, you create test plans for highly complex platforms (e.g., validating the interaction of multiple pieces of equipment at the networking and subsystem levels), and using your deep knowledge of component design characteristics, you diagnose highly complex hardware or software issues.
As a member of the Google meet/hangouts team you will be working with qualifying audio solutions for the next generation collaboration and video conferencing products. You will work closely with both HW and SW developers when developing and qualifying new products. You will be responsible for testing and validating audio performance of SW components, HW components and complete products and systems. In order to be successful in your role you should be thorough, effective, and ambitious with a drive to take responsibility and get things done. Finally, you should have a passion for audio.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Test by taking a holistic system level approach - pay equal attention to all parts of the audio chain including transducers, acoustics, electronics and the signal processing software.
- Investigate and triage bugs to determine root cause.
- Collaborate with the audio systems and DSP teams to test features and loop back findings into development process.
- Design, development and implementation of production related Automatic Test Equipment.
- Take ownership and be a passionate advocate for audio software and product quality.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience testing, and evaluating embedded and mobile audio systems.
- Ability to travel.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigation.
- Knowledgeable in audio signal processing algorithms (EQ, compression, echo cancellation, etc.) and how to properly tune.
- Deep understanding of hardware and software for embedded systems.
- Excellent coding skill in C++, Java or Python.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.