GKN Technical Services Project Engineer - Scandinavia in Stockholm, Sweden
Technical Services Project Engineer - Scandinavia
Work Location: Stockholm
State: Not Specified
Advertising End Date: 31 May 2018
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
As a key strategic element of the GKN plc., GKN Powertrain Services is rapidly expanding its service product portfolio and capabilities in the area of field service, engineering and condition monitoring of powertrain systems for industrial applications in Scandinavia. Technical Services Project Engineers are at the forefront of this strategic development with a focus on improving our customer’s industrial and marine operations through the application of value adding service solutions. Be part of this exciting development and apply now!
• Support the rapid development and growth of technical and field services
• Proactive onsite technical consulting for powertrain equipment
• Identification, and calculation of customer benefit through onsite technical consulting
• Commercial responsibility for field and technical services – revenue, margin, offers, contracts
• Technical responsibility for application of GKN’s service products and service offer content
• Customer relationship and project management - from first sales lead to technical follow-up
• Onsite demonstrations of GKN service technologies – e.g. Condition Monitoring, Torque Measurement, Smart Products
• Develop and execute sales plan for field services together with local sales managers – target customers, visit plans, follow-up plan
• Documentation and reporting of service sales activities and results
• Onsite customer training on technical service topics
• Documentation of customer case studies including technical and commercial content
• Support development of service sales capabilities in local sales teams
• Provide feedback to Commercial Programme Management and Service Operations regarding development of new service products
• Manage on-site technical and field service quality control and customer feedback process
• Actively support continuous process improvement
• Technical education and hands-on experience in powertrain services and rotating equipment
• Experience in industrial maintenance strategies
• Experience in the marine, pulp & paper and steel industries would be an advantage
• Experience in vibration analysis and condition monitoring wold be an advantage
• Ability to solve complex technical problems together with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Strong customer focus and entrepreneurial working style
• Ability to think strategically about complex technical and commercial challenges
• High degree of self-confidence in complex, high-pressure situations
• High level of flexibility and ability to work under pressure
• Fluent written and spoken technical English
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries. Our products and technologies deliver the power to harvest crops, move earth, mine resources and handle materials.Increasingly there is a need to focus on energy efficiency, increased productivity and safety as well as enabling operators and customers to be continually connected and well informed.
GKN Off-Highway Powertrain is committed to providing products and services that support these requirements and demonstrate our position on developing technologies and solutions for the challenges of tomorrow. Supporting customers in meeting the demands of a crowded planet. GKN Off-Highway Powertrain is a truly global business with 9 manufacturing facilities and 28 service center in over 16 countries across five continents.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.