Ericsson System Developer 5G RAN Traffic Control in Stockholm, Sweden
Are you ready for the 5G Future?
Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both! 5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G expected in 2019 and pre-commercial trials happening now, there’s never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries – from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
The Product Development Unit (PDU) 4G&5G is responsible for development, release and maintenance of both 4G and 5G Networks. To meet the next step, the PDU has accelerated the efforts towards 5G and the RAN Systems group within the PDU is responsible for specifying requirements and solutions for the RAN area. RAN System Management drives studies in early phases (concept evaluations and pre-studies) as well as securing characteristics through involvement in the implementation and testing phases. The department also contributes in the 3GPP standardization for 4G and 5G.
We are now looking for a System developer to work in the area of Traffic Control and we welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Main responsibility while working with Traffic Control are Layer 3 functionalities such Mobility Management, UE Handling, Load Balancing, and Observability. In our group we also work with signaling between RAN and the UE and the Core Network.
As a System developer you will have the opportunity to engage in interesting and challenging tasks, such as driving studies to define system behavior, acting as bridge to implementation and verification, taking responsibility for a specific technical area, being a KanBan master, and more. You will:
- Drive strategic technical leadership
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling.
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Develop competence in technical domain
- MSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- High level of uderstanding of Network functionality
- Product development and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) knowledge
- Good business understanding
- Working with people and networking
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and Organizing
- Lean & Agile Knowledge and Skills
Additional Qualifying Experience:
- Education and/or experience in traffic/mobility from LTE, WCDMA or GSM
- Experience in system level simulations and Troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Proven communication Skills in English
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; R&D;
Req ID: 232706