Ericsson DT&IT - Head of Automation & Analytics in Stockholm, Sweden
The Global Digital Transformation & IT (DT&IT;) Units within Business Area Technology & Emerging Business has been tasked to not only deliver IT solutions and services across Ericsson, but also to orchestrate the internal Ericsson Digital Transformation journey. The unit is built up to drive the digital agenda from automations of our business flows, the digital workspace, cloud brokering, to building up a digital customer engagement. At the same time the unit is set up to ensure an easy interface to the Ericsson stakeholders with clear accountability towards them. In the unit we are also building up a strong Automation and Analytic team based on the merge of the already established Ericsson Group Analytics team and the newly started Automation team.
As Head of Automation & Analytics you report to the CIO (Head of Digital Transformation & IT) and is a member of the DT&IT; Leadership Team. The role has the overall responsibility to build up a strong team with leading expertise in automation and analytics technologies to support the Ericsson digital transformation journey. The new team will have its foundation on the already established Analytic team, but will grow with new automation team which will be built up during 2018.
The purpose of the organization is to both deliver automation and analytics platforms and solutions across Ericsson and to deliver expertise in business-driven digital initiatives. Among others the team is right now tasked with leading the implementation of Robot Process Automation (RPA)solutions across Ericsson to drive massive cost savings together with quality improvements and increased speed in our processes.
The main responsibilities include:
- Delivering of automation and analytics platforms to be used by both DT&IT; and the rest of Ericsson, including financial and quality performance
- Delivering of automation and analytic solutions being used by the Ericsson business
- Buildup of an in-house competence pool in automation and analytic technologies, which includes hiring of new employees both from the internal and external market, but also reskilling of existing DT&IT; employees.
- Drive the automation tribe (virtual organization) across Ericsson
- Drive and orchestrate the delivery towards the corporate RPA/Automation target
- Ensure DT & IT lead in innovation to drive business value with the use of automation and analytics technologies, i.e. AI, Cognitive agents, Big data, etc.
The Automation & Analytic organization has today around 130+ HC based mainly in Sweden, India and USA, but will grow during 2018.
Competence and Experience:
- Expertise in either, but preferably both, the automation or analytics areas
- Proven record of accomplishment in delivering true business results and from driving transformational and change initiatives
- Experience from interacting with Executives in large global companies
- Experience from building up new organizations across multiple locations
- Leadership experience, especially managing cross-country units and teams with leading edge technology experts
- Able to get results by managing virtual organization and by using liquid workforce from both other units within DT&IT;, Ericsson and external partners
- Be a great team player and contribute to the major transformation that the DT&IT; Leadership team will be responsible for.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication capabilities.
- University degree or equivalent
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D;
Req ID: 235602