MasterCard Director, Product Management, Digital Payments & Labs (Nordics & Baltics) in Stockholm, Sweden
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Management, Digital Payments & Labs (Nordics & Baltics)
- The Director, Digital Payments & Labs, Nordics & Baltics will have end-to-end responsibility for digital payments product strategies and go-to-market plans from inception to execution for the Nordics & Baltics.
- Digital payments encompass all aspects of payment that are enabled via digital channels including e-commerce and m-commerce, tokenization, push payments e.g. Mastercard MoneySend, solutions for mobile, wearables and the Internet of Things
- The role will work very closely with the Head of Digital Business Development and his team, and be responsible to provide leadership throughout Mastercard in understanding the Nordics & Baltics markets, consumer, merchant, issuer and acquirer value drivers, third party participants and capabilities, competitive activities and forces, and any opportunities and threats to Mastercard.
- The position is also responsible for aligning solutions across channels into a consistent and superior value proposition for consumers and merchants that can address the needs of Mastercard and its customers.
- This role requires strong strategic thinking, a solid payments business orientation, proven cross-departmental project management and team organizational skills, knowledge of the payments value chain, an innovation mindset and strong leadership capabilities.
- The role involves regular engagement at senior level including the Country/Cluster Manager and management team for the Nordics & Baltics and the Head of Digital Payments in Europe
- Partner with business development team to agree and execute local digital payments Go-to-market plans
- Lead education of local sales force on digital payments products and services
- Lead the identification and the development of rules and pricing initiatives supporting the local digital strategy aligning with other regional and global activities
- Provide competitive intelligence and develop an action plan to mitigate risks and to explore opportunities
- Identify day-to-day support requirements and develop, secure agreement for and implement plans for the transition of implementation and operational support to BAU teams
- Gain a holistic overview of all digital payments products and services projects and identify opportunities and challenges ensuring full transparency within the local and the product organization
All About You
- A flexible, adaptable and innovative thinker i.e. large mental bandwidth, able to develop strategy for novel services and operating models across a diverse environment
- Creative and visionary with superior problem-solving skills to set strategy and direction
- A strong relationship builder able to engage with and influence people, to quickly build personal credibility in a new role and to motivate teams
- Needs to be a self-starter, operating independently
- Experience in technology and banking and payments; particularly strong working knowledge and understanding of Digital Payments. Intimate understanding of how Digital Payments and Services can be leveraged beyond the pure payment to provide enhanced value in adjacent areas. Sound commercial experience and proven ability to deal with major service providers and vendors
- Relevant experience in product management and new product development in payment industry. Experience and knowledge of Mastercards organization, including deep understanding of processes, systems, technology and people is a strong plus.
- Strong English language skills required in both verbal and written communication
- Fluency in at least one Scandinavian language preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: R-62636