Volvo Group VIE Commodity buyer – Clutch and shift control in Göteborg, Sweden
VIE Commodity Buyer - Clutch and shift control is a unique position within VOLVO Purchasing. You will be working with some of the largest companies in the world and be part of the technical evolution in an area highly impacted by safety, quality and future innovation.
You will have a regional purchasing responsibility and by that make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
An important part of the job is to work and support Senior buyers/Segment leaders in their respective area which implies the following responsibilities :
•Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers.
• To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan (To be Supplier base, MCL... )
• To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
• Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
• Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts.
• Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
• Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
• Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
• Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
• Perform hand-over to Uptime buyer when parts are phased out of production for non-revenue parts.
• We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must.
• We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally.
• The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mindset is a must. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
• We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
• Master of Science or Business Administration
• Business Acumen
• Technology knowledge
• Financial analysis
• Cost Management
• Project Management
• Production & Supply chain
• Quality Management
• Legal Management
• Relevant process & system knowledge
1st of April 2018
If you have questions, please contact
Etienne Cazes, firstname.lastname@example.org - +46765537318
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Purchasing
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran