Inter IKEA Group Component Developer - electrical components in Älmhult, Sweden
Are you inspired by leading product development projects? Are you structured and organized, love to meet new people and learn new things? Do you also have experience of leading projects? Then you might be just the person we are searching for!
IKEA Components task within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and trade of raw materials, components and fittings. IKEA Components is part of the IKEA group and shares the IKEA vision and values. Our business is global and we are 1500 employees based in Sweden, Slovakia and China. Through co-operation with IKEA Purchasing Offices we are in addition represented at several other sites around the world.
About the job
In IKEA we believe in the concept of Democratic Design. This means that we always find ways to do things better and reach more of the many people. In a role as Component Developer you can truly contribute to this. You will lead the development of Electrical Components to support our IKEA Lighting and Home smart range. You be the natural link between the engineering and requirement resources within IKEA Components and the product development teams that are responsible for the final products reaching our customers.
• Lead and plan our component development project – end to end
• Collect and define demands, needs and expectations in the development process
• Actively steer towards our selected range and solutions
• Take responsibility for roadmaps and range offer towards product development teams
• Contribution in strategic range platforms/projects and technical development
We believe that you have a relevant engineering education and experience as a project leader. You have worked with electronic products. You have the ability to lead/contribute to strategic development and to develop sharp project descriptions. You understand production processes and cost drivers. You have a holistic view and a high engagement in the success of your projects.
• Good leadership capabilities and experience in project leading
• Good understanding of business aspects and cost drivers.
• A pro-active and structured approach
• Relevant experience related to electrical components (electro mechanics and/or electronics)
• Excellent communicating skills
• A keen interest in people
• A good mix of humbleness and willpower
IKEA of Sweden is a truly global environment, with colleagues from all over the world and you therefore need to be fluent in English both verbal and written.
The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö and an IKEA shuttle bus back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.
Please note that a preferred candidate has been identified for this role, however we will still consider all applications that comes through.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Therese Bervebrink, Deputy EQR Manager, and regarding the recruitment process, please contact Johanna Hansson +46 73 376 1744.