Inter IKEA Group Category Manager in Älmhult, Sweden
Together with our stakeholders we form the future for Chemicals used mainly within Category Area Comfort. You will be part of securing the business objectives according to IKEA Purchasing Strategy and add customer value by delivering to Democratic Design.
As Category Manager at IKEA Components, your main responsibility is to establish and develop a high performing and diverse supplier base which can meet the needs of our business and customer. You are responsible for the goal to be the preferred business partner for our IKEA suppliers. The assignment includes to source and supply a selected range of Chemicals that will make better products at a lower total cost for the many people.
*More specifically, the assignment includes:*
• Responsibility for the development and implementation of the Category Plan fully anchored with the priorities of our home furnishing categories in IKEA of Sweden.
• Leading a close dialogue and co-operation with the Home furnishing business areas utilizing chemicals in foam components regarding future more sustainable chemical solution and volume development.
• Responsibility for the financial result, legally and operationally.
• Responsibility for the development of wished position for the future supplier landscape, supplier classification and defining needs for new suppliers.
• Responsibility for market intelligence on the market both from a price and future innovation possibilities.
• Responsibility for recruitment, development, performance management, retention and succession plans for co-workers directly in your team.
You have a solid purchasing knowledge and proven track record of consistently meeting/exceeding results in leading and developing both business and people. You have a deep knowledge of IKEA Strategic landscape, especially IKEA Purchasing Strategy, as well as IKEA Business models. You have knowledge of supplier capabilities and material, service and production. You also have experience in leading others.
You are motivated by creating better products for the many people and for people’s life at home. You have a desire to find new business opportunities and to build trustful partnerships to reach common goals. You are highly motivated to lead people and competence development - you truly believe in developing business though people.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Erik Olsen, +46 732 321 345. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Kristyna Brabcova at +46 733 427 586.
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than 3rd April 2018!
/The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer-friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and trade of raw materials, components and fittings. Our business is global and employs 1200 people based mainly in Sweden, Slovakia and China./