Electronic Arts, Inc UX designer in Stockholm, Sweden
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 1 being the latest installment. We are also the home of the upcoming Star Wars game, Star Wars Battlefront and Mirrors Edge.
We are looking for a passionate UX Designer. Your work will be focused around what you like to do the most: making sure the game interface is optimal in terms of accessibility, communication and immersion! In your role you are expected to adhere to best practices of user interface design principles and guidelines. You will work closely with Designers, Artists and Coders to construct world class game interfaces.
What skills does DICE look for?
• Game interface design and in-game UI (e.g. HUD) experience
• Collaborate with Game Designers and UI Designers to translate game systems into easy to use interfaces
• Visualizing design in concepts, wireframes and prototypes to communicate and test design concepts
• Producing detailed interface flows and creating detailed design specs with requirements and use cases for final game user interface
• Experience in design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Axure, Balsamiq, Flash, Adobe XD
• User centric design principles
• Interpret and Integrate results from usability testing and live game metrics to improve usability
Plus considered skills:
• Shipped AAA titles as UX Designer
• Studied Human-Computer Interaction
• Good knowledge of the use of design patterns
• Experience with usability testing
• Knowledge of in editor scripting like (Kismet, Blueprints in Unity nor Unreal)
• Product delivery through multiple platforms
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, long term career development and training we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We are not actively recruiting for this role, but if you’d like to be considered for future opportunities within software engineering at DICE, please send in your application.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.