Google Sales Engineering Manager, Google Cloud in Stockholm, Sweden
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Oslo, Norway; Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden; Copenhagen, Denmark
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
We are looking for a Sales Engineering Manager with excellent technical and organizational skills to join our Cloud Sales team. You will lead a team of engineers who engage with business prospects, discover and assess customer requirements, and prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s cloud services.
You're an effective motivator and possess the critical interpersonal skills required to manage a diverse engineering team. Additionally, you're a confident presenter with excellent oral and written communication skills. You will also maintain personal technical expertise and engage directly with customers as opportunities arise.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering management to determine staffing levels to support strategic goals, establish job requisitions, assemble candidate pool and lead interview team to fill open positions.
- Organize, train and equip the Sales Engineering team, assess team’s go-to-market readiness and build plans to ensure the team is equipped to successfully achieve strategic goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales team leadership to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage. Participate in review meetings and provide insight into how to identify opportunities.
- Work with the Sales Account, Customer Support, Product Management, Customer Solutions and Engineering teams to overcome product challenges.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to visit customers across a defined geographic territory.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a Technical Field Engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a similar customer facing role (e.g. solutions architect, or systems engineering team).
- Experience with software lifecycle and application tools, as well as experience in architecting and developing software for distributed systems.
- Experience with Linux. Demonstrated understanding of enterprise networking and identity management systems.
- Experience in data and information management, with the ability to manage databases.
- Knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud and related industries, as well as knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.