Google Mechanical Engineer, Product Design in Stockholm, Sweden
As a member of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, you use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. As a Product Design and Mechanical Engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts. You work in a manufacturing and product oriented development environment and collaborate with vendors and outside sources in order to see parts through to manufacture.
You will be designing hardware products for our enterprise customer. You are expected to be independent, driven, and passionate about designing a high-quality product. You will be working with cross-functional teams as well as our manufacturing partners to deliver products on an aggressive timeline.
You'll have solid mechanical design background as well as experience in design of consumer facing products. This will include strong analysis and design skills. You are expected to be able to make independent decisions when you are working through the product integration challenges. During conceptual phase of projects, you will use your creativity to innovate in our product lines and perform rapid prototyping exercises to prove out your designs.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Act as Mechanical Engineer Lead for a product and own design from concept to mass production
- Work with manufacturing partners to see through mass production
- Work with cross functional teams like Instructional Designers (IDs), Electrical Engineers (EEs) and Product Managers (PMs) to meet product requirements.
- Be responsible for feedback from reliability test results.
- Lead rapid prototyping.
- BA/BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience designing consumer products.
- Experience working with Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) or Contract Manufacturers (CMs).
- Experience with manufacturing processes for plastic and metal parts and high volume manufacturing.
- MA/MS degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience as a lead for multiple shipping products.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.