Ericsson Mechanical Design Developer in Stockholm, Sweden
Radio Design is responsible for research, development and maintenance of Radio Unit in Ericsson Radio Base Station products. One of our major challenges is to develop and deliver high volumes Radio Hardware in short timeframes. To achieve this goal, we brought together a Team of acknowledged experts in different competence areas and we use the latest design and simulation tools. We consistently keep track of new Technology, methodology and design techniques, ensuring that Radio and Filter design activities hold a competitive level.
We are now looking for one new Developer with a deep interest in Mechanical design. By joining our Team, an important part of your role will consist in developing mechanical design for embedded filter products and filter technical solutions and components. On a daily basis, you will be involved in various development activities like requirement analysis and definition, design, verification and product documentation.
Last but not least, a large extent of our work is performed together with Ericsson’s Teams from all over the World and several external suppliers. In this context, you will interface with Radio design, sourcing, Filter design and production, production test and engineering. Co-operation with other design centers in Sweden and all over the World is our day-to-day reality and should represent an additional motivation for you to join our Organization.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Develop mechanical design solutions of radio filter unit
- Pre-development of new ideas
- Participate in new building practice studies
- Review design solutions, suggest improvements for highest quality and performance;
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes.
- Perform practical work with prototypes
- Environmental verification of products
- Perform trouble shooting and production support;
- Collaborate with filter Designer and our suppliers when applicable;
Preferred qualifications and experience
- BSc or MSc level in Mechanical engineering
- Very good knowledge within die-casting (Aluminum), injection molding (plastic) and sheet metals
- Very good knowledge within other manufacturing techniques
- Very good knowledge about Radio filter design
- Very good knowledge in Pro/E and PDMLink
- Very good knowledge of environmental requirements
- Good knowledge on relevant design standards
- Good knowledge in building practice for electronics
- Good knowledge in Ericsson system (PRIM, GASK, MHWEB, etc.)
- Creative mindset and problem solving skills
- Adapting and responsive to change
Other core qualifications
- You are organized and have a developed ability for planning
- Experience of product implementation projects;
- Self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand your knowledge;
- Several years’ experience from mechanical engineering and verification handling
- Several years’ experience from handling black box and White Box suppliers
- Good knowledge about requirement handling
- Good skills and experience from networking and sharing knowledge and information
- Good written and spoken English
- *Good planning and structuring abilities *
- Presentation skills, verbal & written English;
- You are result oriented and have a strong driving force
The positions are based in Kista, Stockholm, Sweden Please submit your application in English as soon as possible - we are working continuously with candidate selection. Application end date is September 29. For specific questions please reach out to the responsible recruiter: Sara at email@example.com.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Stockholm || R&D;
Job details: Developer