Amazon.com Logistics Manager in Stockholm, Sweden
Be a part of operating the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Datacenter Operations Logistics Warehouse Manager positions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Logistics Warehouse Manager supports the Data Center Operations team by maintaining receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures. Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, Health & Safety and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions. They safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols. Working with the Regional Logistics Manager they control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with inventory management tools. They maintain the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
The ideal Logistics Warehouse Manager will achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditure; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. They complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results. They maintain warehouse staffing levels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. They maintain warehouse staff productivity and goals by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. They will contribute to continuous process improvements to deliver on our goals of high availability and low cost. They maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and will create reports for internal and external suppliers and management as required. They will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company. They must be available to work shifts, overtime when required and are expected to understand all aspects of production, adhere to strict safety standards, maintain very high quality, and be willing and able to work on powered equipment (i.e forklift or cherry picker).
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Must hold a recognized third level professional qualification in their field · Must be able to work overtime and shift patterns as required
· Able to read and take direction in English
· Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
· May participate in group lifts of 50 pounds or more
· Push or pull heavy objects into position
· Hold a Reach Fork Truck License
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Must hold a recognized third level professional qualification in their field · Strong understanding distribution warehousing practices
· Knowledge of IT Industry Logistics would be an advantage
· Experience using metrics to perform analyses
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with producing process documentation
· Punctuality; excellent organizational skills for orderliness; and ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure department objectives are met
· Demonstrated positive work attitude & leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to perform above minimum for extended periods of time
· Commitment to a culture of safety & security
AMZR Req ID: 484937
External Company URL: www.amazon.com