Ericsson IT Network Architect (Stockholm) in Stockholm, Sweden
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services
Business Line Broadcast and Media Services (EBMS) is an organization within Business Unit Global Services, which has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, Bonnier group, Fox, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
You will be reporting to the Global Network and Security Manager within the EBMS Global Infrastructure Team.
The role of the Network Architecture team is to facilitate the creation of detailed design documents for internal and external network, security and connectivity requirements. This role works alongside technical specialists within EBMS and its clients to provide technical design advice and steering on business solution documents.
First class communication, collaborative and problem solving skills are required as is the ability to understand EBMS’s multi client technical environment and infrastructure. The ability to manage a solution from design to project phase and implementation is also required.
Main Responsibilities and tasks
The ideal candidate will be well experienced across multi-vendor technologies and environments, including firewalls, proxies, remote access, connectivity and intrusion prevention.
The successful candidate will be working alongside technology architects and key technology staff to assist in the lifecycle of new client services, from requirements gathering, design and development, through to implementation and on-going support and any other tasks to ensure successful project delivery.
- At least 3 years either data centre or service provider, network and network security architecture experience, operating under strict OLA or SLAs.
- Adept at creating solutions which balance the needs of a business to communicate and exchange information, while ensuring risks to Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability are mitigated.
- Able to lead requirements gathering activities, then demonstrate and document a solution’s ability to fulfil said requirements.
- A self starter who is able to communicate with all levels of the business and recognised for technical leadership.
- Excellent attention to detail and a unfaltering desire to deliver exceptional service.
- Customer focused and comfortable with dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Culturally aware and able to engage people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks with deftness and attention to deadlines.
- Highly comfortable with web, IT, and new media and broadcast technologies.
The post holder should exhibit experience and skills in the majority of these areas:
- Diverse experience working in a large, structured, enterprise environment.
- Strong experience architecting connectivity solutions and network and network security platforms, including the following technologies:
- MPLS Service Provider networks
- High Speed and Highly available Datacentre networks
- Juniper SSG/ISG/SRX firewalls
- Bluecoat Proxy SG and Proxy AV
- F5 Products including LTM / APM
- Juniper or Cisco Routing/Switching Platforms
- Play a key part in the lifecycle of new client services, from design and development, through to implementation handover to support.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of hardware and configuration standards.
- Assist in the development of current operational processes and documentation or creation if they currently don’t exist.
- Experience of working in an ITIL controlled environment.
A proven ability to learn and use knowledge is as important as skills in any particular area.
This role can be based in the UK (White City), Sweden or in the Netherlands (Hilversum)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt;
Req ID: 203873