Google Engineering Program Manager, Video Conferencing Product in Stockholm, Sweden
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As an Engineering Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
You will join a new product team in the G Suite organization. The team is responsible for designing hardware or integrating solutions to enable the best in class video conferencing solutions in the industry. In this role, you will work with Product Managers, and Hardware, Software, and Test Engineers to ensure on-time delivery of a high quality hardware product for our customers.
The web is what you make of it and our team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, we develop products that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and cloud platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience -- and changing the way they think about computing.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Drive and manage strategic programs that are large and complex, span multiple organizations, and have a direct measurable business impact. Create project schedules, monitor ongoing progress of projects on schedule and provide project status updates to key stakeholders.
- Identify process breakdowns in the organization, navigate through ambiguity, define a program/process to address complex problems, and implement solutions that improve the team’s effectiveness.
- Work cross functionally with Product Management, Hardware, Software, Test Engineer to deliver a high quality product.
- Define 'Entry' and 'Exit' criteria for each hardware build.
- Program management experience in a matrix environment.
- Experience of working with hardware development process.
- Experience working with embedded software development
- Experience working with ODM/CM
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize with minimal guidance.
- Ability to travel to ODM/CM factory.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently with a close attention to detail.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.