Ericsson Broadcast System Engineer in Stockholm, Sweden
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We at Ericsson Broadcast and Media Service are now looking for a Broadcast Systems Engineer.
As systems engineer you design, deliver and manage solutions for platforms within the areas Online video, Media Management and Playout. You will ensure a stable environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner.
- Become the technical expert within our media technology portfolio.
- Understanding and defining customer requirements
- Work with sales/engagement practice team in sales process. Drive internal and customer discussions around suggested approaches for service and improvements
- Be part of projects as system and service expert
- Deliver solutions, changes, support and maintenance
- Provide and advice in system 3rd line support and life cycle management matters
- Broad technical acumen
- Planning & organizing
- Communication and social skills
- Commercial thinking and understanding
- Fluent in English
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of Broadcast and Media systems
- General competence within IT infrastructure operation (Servers, DB, storage, network, API´s, IT infrastructure)
- Competence in Windows and Linux administration
- TCP/IP knowledge
- Good understanding of change management.
- Basic programming skills as Java, C++/ C# and Python
- Understanding of video and audio over IP and SDI, including playout systems and video infrastructure
- Understanding of Media Management file based technologies as archive, VOD, MAM and transcoding
- Understanding of Head-end/IPTV/OTT
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Please send your application in English no later than 27th of October 2017.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log;
Req ID: 213123