Google Associate Legal Counsel in Stockholm, Sweden
As Associate Legal Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As Associate Legal Counsel, you will support a range of products and business areas within Google and you will be working for clients in Google offices throughout EMEA and the United States and provide local law advice. You will be assisting in the defense of litigation matters and regulatory investigations. This means you are highly organized and you pay close attention to detail.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for tackling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you tackle unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Answer a variety of legal requests from Marketing, Business Development, Advertising Sales, Product, and other Google business clients and legal colleagues globally.
- Advise legal teams and removal teams, management and business clients on various aspects of local law, such as data protection, copyright, consumer and marketing laws.
- Develop expertise in a range of Google products and build relationships with business clients and legal colleagues in our various international offices.
- Consult on a wide range of commercial agreements and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law.
- Support litigation cases and regulatory investigations.
- Law degree from Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Norway.
- Experience with IP, IT, data protection, and in drafting and negotiating agreements for technology and media clients.
- Ability to speak and write English and Swedish fluently and idiomatically.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently without administrative support.
- Tech savvy with an interest in technology and Google’s products.
- Team player with a positive attitude and fun to be around.
- Ability to speak and write in Finnish, Danish or Norwegian fluently and idiomatically.
- Willingness to travel.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.