W. R. Grace Site Manager in Stenungsund, Sweden
High Level Job Summary:
- Continuous development of the Grace Stenungsund and Porvoo facility with regard to Environment, Health & Safety, Quality, Volume and Minimization of Costs.
- Assure that plant operation is completely compatible with operating permits.
- Responsible that all legal requirements with respect to Environment, Health and Safety legislation and working place laws are adhered to.
- Assure a cooperative communication and partnership with different internal and external functions in the USA, Germany and Sweden (Business, Operations, Authorities, Stenungsund Site Owner, Customers and local Stenungsund Team
- Ensure all internal (Grace) and relevant external laws and regulations with respect to EHS are addressed.
- Ensure the organization is set-up with appropriate education and training for personnel; ensure remediation measures are conducted as necessary.
- Ensure facilities are operated according to all relevant permits and laws; ensure timely applications of permits for all new projects. Here working in close cooperation with the relevant Grace departments (EHS, Product Stewardship, Process and Product Technology).
- Establishing and maintaining relations with the relevant stakeholders like local govern-ment, permitting authorities, and other external bodies, BOREALIS site service providers, and workers council and unions.
- Initiate and carry out projects to continuously improve the production and business processes to reduce cost increase effectiveness and improve quality.
- Ensure that all productivity programs and initiates are completed in a timely manner utilising Lean-/Six Sigma techniques.
- Ensure the timely completion of the AOP and all other necessary plans and forecasts as required; ensure continuous monitoring of these plans and timely report on deviations but also initiate corrective measures as required.
- Ensure the successful completion of investment projects on time and within budgets.
- Ensure compliance with the GRACE delegation of authority matrix.
- Managing, motivating and development of the dedicated team. Taking part in decision-taking of individual HR-related actions in cooperation with HR and senior managers as well as proposals for income adjustments.
- When necessary, taking over additional tasks in related or other projects Required Skills
Desired/additional skills and experiences:
- Experience in managing employees.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Good English language capabilities.
- Experience in managing complex products and supply chains, including relevant EHS aspects and working in a Seveso III regulated environment.
- Experience with managing interfaces to Business functions a plus
- Six Sigma Certification, Lean Management education a plus.
Formal qualification required (optional):
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
Tracking Code: 1133
Job Location: Stenungsund, Västra Götalands län [SE-14], Sweden
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular