Ericsson Mechanics designer in Kumla, Sweden
We are now looking for a mechanic’s designer to be a part of the HW-team. The team designs and systemizes production test fixtures which includes mechanics, electronics and embedded software. The mechanics designers are responsible for designing the mechanics and automation that are used in the test fixtures.
We are working closely to our colleagues in other countries and in multiple projects at the same time. This calls for good cooperation skills with a large number of project managers and team members.
As a mechanics designer, your main focus will be to specify, systemize and design the mechanics and automation that is needed in our test fixtures. We would also like to see you as a driver of Test hardware development’s Ways of Working which is based on the collaboration tool Hansoft.
The Unit you will be a part of:
Radio PIM (Product Introduction and Maintenance) Test Development is a function within the GSU Network Supply, with industrialization and maintenance responsibility for Radio products into the supply chain.
Department Production Test Development (PTD) Kumla is organized in several cross functional teams. The teams consist of all needed skills to be able to solve user stories from a prioritized backlog.
PTD Kumla is accountable for 5G Radio Module Test Development.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Design of mechanics
- Design of automation
- Documentation (production files, user guides, installation instructions etc.)
- Working with design specifications
- Perform trouble shooting and support
- Maintenance (obsolete components etc.)
- Perform HW design reviews to designs implemented by other designers
- Perform design integration and verification
- Drive continuous improvements of our products and processes (Ways Of Working)
- Design of mechanics
- Design of automation
- CAD competence in Inventor 2013 and Creo 3 + PDMlink/Windchill.
- Knowledge of MD (Machine Directive), LVD (Low Voltage Directive) och Electro Magnetic compabilltity (EMC Directive)
- Knowledge of EMC theory, containment strategies and techniques
- Good communication skills and social ability
- Adapting & Responding to Change
- Creating & Innovating
- Planning and Organizing
You, as the perfect candidate fufill these requirements
- BSc level in Mechanics Engineering or the equivalent level of knowledge
- English Skills
- Experience as a Hardware Developer within the area of mechanics and automation or similar line of work.
- 2 years of experience with different CAD tools such as Inventor 2013 and Creo 3 + PDMlink/Windchill.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements (Not a must)
- Experience of EMC theory, containment strategies and techniques
- Experience of agile project work with sprint planning and scrum.
- Basic knowledge in PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
- Experience in production of Electronic devices.
The position is based in Kumla and the selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. If you have any specific questions you are welcome to send an email to recruitment specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Last day to apply: 30th of June 2017
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Kumla || IT; R&D;
Req ID: 199570