Ericsson System manager @ Packet Core - PDG MME in Göteborg, Sweden
We at Ericsson Packet Core, are currently looking for a software developer to work with one of Ericsson's industry-leading product that is a part of 2G-, 3G-, 4G and 5G-networks. We are constantly adding new functionality to support both existing and future generation networks. You will mainly be working with a product called SGSN-MME. It is a central (key) node in the packet core network, providing mobile internet to users all over the world. An SGSN-MME is a large scale distributed and parallel system implemented mainly in Erlang and C/C++ and can serve tens of millions of subscribers simultaneously.Every time you use an app on your smartphone, talk over VoLTE or use Mobile Broadband you connect to internet – this connection is what we enable.
We stand at the forefront of Agile software development, using methods and principles like Lean and Scrum to create a product that excels. Early customer and stakeholder feedback is a key element in our development process which is based on Continuous Integration SW practices. We rely on team collective responsibility to complete all tasks according to a prioritized backlog.
To expand our organization’s capacity, we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues to further growth.
As system manager within PDG MME @ LN, you will be very involved in developing new exciting features in the SGSN-MME product! During 2017 our product will face new challenging requirement based on new market trends.
In order to meet this challenging future we need to spend more time on system management activities like prestudies in 5G area, IoT investigations as well as being updated on coming vEPC/VNS areas. We also need to leverage on our vMME & native products MME and SGSN.
You will work closely with our product owner community and together you will discuss differnt solutions and alt with our customers and CUs.
- Perform Continuous Analysis and Requirement Handling
- Drive Continuous Improvements of Products and Processes
- Drive pre studies in areas like IoT, 5G, vMME and/or native SGSN-MME.
- Be involved in feature development between F0-F4, focusing on feature requirement/behavior.
- Support Q&A; activities in your competence area
- Be a member in the system management community (and maybe involved in an XFT).
- Work closely with our product owners; be involved in early technical discussions together with our CU/customers!
- Take responsibility for system management artifacts.
- Be involved in New hot technology trends; developing our future Packet Core!
- You have good coordination skills, can work in an environment with colleagues distributed among other Ericsson sites and are familiar with the system manager role. You enjoy working at the forefront with new technologies and understand that business decisions sometimes impact the technical solution. You manage to drive your work tasks independently. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated to be a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude. Experience as a team leader is beneficial.
- BSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluent in English
- At least 4 years of product development; knowledge in system management craftsmanship is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- You are interested in learning NEW things and dare to come up with own ideas on how to do things!
- You are very interested in understanding the BIG picture and enjoy informing others about your findings.
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features.
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment.
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills
In case of questions, please contact the Hiring Manager: Anne-Lie Börjesson email@example.com
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 201537