Ericsson Software Tester for Mobile Broadband product in Göteborg, Sweden
Every time you use an app on your smartphone, talk over VoLTE or use Mobile Broadband, you connect to the internet – this connection is what we do! We deliver a cutting-edge router with TB throughput, high availability, and low latency in combination with flexible configuration and adaptations for our 150+ customers world-wide.
We at Ericsson Packet Core (PC) in Lindholmen are now looking for talented developers wanting to join our development. Our headquarters is based in Lindholmen (Gothenburg, Sweden), but we also have operations in Shanghai and Madrid as well as strong dependencies to PDU IP development operations in Santa Clara, Budapest, Beijing Jose and Bangalore.
At the Release & Support department we are responsible for the release of SGSN-MME and EPG products as well as the support and maintenance. In addition to this we also work with regression verification of functional and non-functional requirements. We have several teams developing engineering environment tools and infrastructure. We take pride in that we have automated most of the test execution and parts of the analysis of test results, since this enables fast feedback loops to our cross-functional development teams.
Software Tester for Mobile Broadband
We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated and service-minded tester who loves deep troubleshooting.
- You care about quality and about customers and you have a passion for finding faults
- You love troubleshooting and digging into complex problems where it is not evident what causes the failed checkpoints or other symptoms you see
- You think repetitive tasks are so boring that you do anything to automate them so you can focus on the fun troubleshooting instead
- You like working in teams and sharing your knowledge with others
- You have an energetic, positive “we can do it” attitude towards challenges
We have test teams in Lindholmen and Shanghai. Each site has its own OPO but works according to a joint backlog covering test cases for LSV, release and maintenance branches. This means a high degree of autonomy in each team, but also a high degree of cross-site collaboration. This approach requires a large amount of teamwork and maturity, but we believe it’s the best way to create great team spirit while managing a large test scope.
- To understand our product, it is essential to comprehend IP protocols and IP-based routing in an embedded environment, 3GPP standards, and UNIX/LINUX
- To be an excellent tester you should understand Test Methodology and Test Automation
- To understand our test scripts and verdict system, you should know Python and/or TTCN
- Good Programming skills and Git/Gerrit knowledge is an advantage
Minimum Experience Requirements
- BSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Göteborg || R&D;