Ericsson Software Developer - Ericsson Packet Core - EPG High Availability in Göteborg, Sweden
Ericsson – who we are! _ _
Every time you use an app on your smartphone, talk over VoLTE or use Mobile Broadband you connect to internet – this connection is what we enable, no matter if its 3G, 4G or 5G!
We deliver connectivity technology with TB throughput in combination with extensive configuration options for traffic control and information collection for our customers.
We at Ericsson Packet Core (PC) in Lindholmen are now looking for young talented developers early in your career and wanting to learn and grow together with us in Evolved Packet Gateway (EPG) development.
Our headquarter is at Lindholmen (Gothenburg, Sweden) but we also have operations in Shanghai and Madrid and strong dependencies to our IP development in Santa Clara, Budapest and Bangalore.
To win today’s and tomorrow’s challenges we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues to further growth.
We want smart, self-motivated product developers who love solving complex problems to join our great international development teams. Good working TDD and other agile experience is essential for our organization. We are looking for you who are passionate about design or about creating advanced automated test scenarios challenging our quality, or why not both!
- You are passionate about what you do which is obvious from your actions
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems. Your love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge
- You are continuously developing your knowledge through experience, as well as reading and experimentation
- You love troubleshooting and digging into complex problems where it is not evident what causes the failed checkpoints or other symptoms you see
- You think repetitive tasks are so boring that you do anything to automate them so you can focus on the fun work instead
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- Software is more than just a job for you
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing, international and highly independent. You’ll be working directly with your Product Owner and stakeholders in a collaborative manner. This requires maturity and a ‘team first’ approach, which may not be right for everyone, but which we believe is the best way to create great software.
The team will design, implement and test the feature, product and system from requirements to production and commercial deployment. Each team has life cycle responsibility for a part of the product.
Among other things, Unit/Component Test, Refactoring, Continuous Delivery and Automated Performance Testing are defining concepts and we are constantly improving our ways of working. We are not perfect and not afraid to say so. We are on a journey: there’s plenty of challenges waiting for our solutions and we need keep learning new things on the way. We believe in trying new things that suits your team, e.g.:
- Software Craftsmanship
- Reserved time for improvements and innovations
- Katas, Coding Dojos
- Knowledge sharing from external channels
Our product, tools and infrastructure places high technical requirements on the team including high-performance application development, low latency requirements, multi-threaded/multi-process troubleshooting, and embedded system development in an environment with huge amounts of data.
Technologies we use and need to master
To understand our product, knowledge of IP Protocols and Routing in an embedded environment is essential. Most of our product code is C/C++, test and development scripts are developed in TTCN, Perl and Python.
We are interested in candidates from a variety of backgrounds, with a keen understanding of IP protocols and IP-based routing in an embedded environment and a passion to learn and develop new skills. Here is a (non-exclusive) list of technologies that we currently use:
- C/C++, TTCN, Python, Perl
- Linux development, working with high performance Linux application
- GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins
- L2/L3, Routing, 3GPP
- TCP, UDP, SCTP, L2TP, TLS
- tcpdump, wireshark and other packet analysis tools
- Debugging, analyzing core dumps, GDB, ASAN, Coverity
- Network simulators
- MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application and come meet us!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Göteborg || IT; ProdMgt
Req ID: 211297