Ericsson Power Developer in Göteborg, Sweden
Embedded Power at Lindholmen is responsible for Power product development towards most of the Ericsson product portfolio. We are a part of Ericsson’s global design organization and engaged in developing products for the present and future mobile networks. At our site we are four sections forming a competence center with responsibility to provide power solutions to the Ericsson organization. Embedded Power are developing products for the internal stakeholders; Radio, Enclosure & Power, Microwave, Baseband and Core/Cloud, using external suppliers for design and manufacturing (Black Box development). The power products we develop are both for AC and DC, and consists of power supply units (converters/inverters), interface units, distribution units, batteries, lightning protection devices etc. Our products are intended for global use and operates in the range from 100W up to power systems of 20kW. The power systems are the engine of the telecom infrastructure and a prerequisite for the Networked Society.
Embedded Power is now looking for a Power Product Developer with an interest in power units and systems. You will work in a team with highly skilled colleagues and your main task is to act as the technical responsible for the development of a power product, together with external suppliers. You are also responsible for specifying and systemizing the product to fulfill the stakeholders request on cost, time and technology. You will work in close cooperation with our global power system suppliers who will perform the design and manufacturing of the products. You will interact with several technical disciplines across Ericsson, such as Product Management, System, Mechanical, Thermal and Interconnect design. Co-operation and communicating with external supplier’s development and manufacturing sites all over the world will be done on a daily basis. Our competence center is based on team work with experienced and dedicated individuals. We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Primary location for this position is at Lindholmen, Gothenburg, Sweden
Responsibilities and Tasks
The job is in the area of product development and includes, but is not limited to:
- Specifying and systemizing power units and systems
- Create products by composing and evolving a clear and structured requirement specification
- Collaborate, lead and direct the suppliers
- Technical responsible for the power product developed
- Perform pre-development to investigate new technologies and products for business opportunities
- Perform design verification to verify the performance and the systemization of the power product
- Constantly work with improvements and continuous learning
- Contribute to the team spirit and honor our culture and values
You have the technical knowledge and social skills to interact with suppliers and internal organizations. You also have a business driven approach towards product development, a strong drive for results and customer focus. Most of all you have an inquisitive and open mind, and a thirst for knowledge.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- BSc or MSc degree or equal through work experience
- An eager interest in product development generally and in power products specifically
- Good communications skills and ability to lead others
- Able to set the development task in a business context and take business driven decisions
- Works in an efficient and structured way, in an often complex environment
- You take initiative and are willing to adopt new methods and techniques
- Leading and driving yourself to be fully accountable for your tasks
- A team player who supports, coach and collaborates extensively with your colleagues.
- Fluent in English, written and oral
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Experience from collaboration and leading suppliers
- Experience from Project Management
- Experience from Power Design
- Experience from Product Development
- Experience form adjacent fields such as SW/FW, Mechanical-, Thermal- or Interconnect-design
- Experience from verification of electronic products
- Experience from adopting Agile and Lean principles
If you have the POWER to work in a rapid paced development organization with lots of freedom, mandate, and responsibilities, don’t hesitate to join us.
The position is open for both experienced engineers and newly graduates with great drive and ambitions.
If any question, please contact hiring manager: Martin Olsson, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +46 725398763
Last day to apply: 26th of October.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 212413