Volvo Group Measurement Systems Engineer in Göteborg, Sweden
Love to think outside the box? Or are you perhaps one of those who love to think so far outside the box that you can’t even see it?
Perfect, then we would love you to join our team!
This is us. Your new colleagues:
Volvo Penta is a world leader in Marine engines and drivetrain innovations. Our newest engine test cells are state of the art in order for our products to fulfill the coming environmental legislations and costumer demands.
You will be a part of the Measurement Systems Engineer team and a member of the Product Development Laboratory group. Our mission is to secure that test equipment and test benches for heavy duty engine marine application are optimized and meet the high standards. This in order to perform engine test measurement in a quality assured way for required for engine testing both present and in the future.
As Measurement Systems Engineer you will:
• Carry out advanced support to engine test cells, quality control and to work as part of a team dedicated to measurement correlation and certainty
• Carry out continuous improvement of measurement equipment and engine test benches within the Volvo Penta Engine Test Center
• Work in close co-operation with customers, suppliers and emissions legislative organizations to ensure that measurement equipment used for present and future testing meets the high standards required for measurement certainty
• Active engagement in the development of the Test facility and infra-structure, carry out implementation of efficient methods and processes. Responsible for creating and updating calibration & equipment service documentation and routines
• Active team member with evaluation of test cell quality control measurements and correlation testing
• Support Service group with advanced fault finding and analysis of test results
• Effectively drive improvement projects within the group and department
• Project lead new investments within the test cells and carry out evaluation of new test equipment to support future investment projects
• Information and training to operations to ensure seamless implementation of new processes and equipment
To be successful in this role we believe you have:
• University degree education within electrical and/or mechanics or equivalent
• Experience from the automotive business a merit
• Experience of working with exhaust emissions / test equipment / calibration an advantage
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swedish
•Computer literate, MS office user
• Experience with project leadership a merit
This is you. At least we think so:
You are analytical, structured and with high focus on quality and measurement certainty. Always with the holistic view to be able to understand and contribute to process improvements. You are Self-driven as you love to take on a responsibility to fulfill targets and obtain results. In addition to this we believe you have a strong communicate ability.
Are we the perfect match?
If you also believe that the key success is to be service minded and a team player. And if you have a genuine interest in working with people and a great measure of drive to reach success. Then we are sure. We are the perfect match!
Want some more info? Give me a call!
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Penta , a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran