Ericsson Experienced Developer - Connected Vehicle Cloud in Göteborg, Sweden
We are now looking for an Experienced Developer for our Automotive Product Development Unit to work on our Connected Vehicle Cloud platform. As a Developer in this team you will be part of a team developing our solutions towards the Automotive Industry and be part of shaping the future of connected vehicles.
Our Connected Vehicle Cloud platform is based on modern cloud technologies and utilizes the Ericsson IoT Accelerator Platform to deliver solutions that support the automotive industry realize the full potential of the connected vehicle.
As an Experienced Developer in the Automotive Product Development unit you will be:
- Developing cutting edge cloud platform services
- Part of an autonomous cross-functional team developing, testing, and deploying code for products delivering services to millions of users every day
- Driving strategic technical leadership for Ericsson in the areas of IoT, cloud, and connected vehicles by developing and exploring new technologies
- Performing continuous analysis and requirement handling together with our product owners
- Continuously improving our tools for continuous testing, integration, and deployment
We think that you are someone who loves coding and developing high-performing new products with very challenging technical requirements. You have a passion for technology and are not afraid of taking on the challenge of quickly learning about new technologies. We also think that you believe in constant focus on superior quality and developing products that exceed your customers’ expectations. You like working as part of a small team that is independently developing new products while also collaborating with other teams in a larger organization to create solutions that shape the lives of consumers all over the world.
Connectivity is changing the automotive ecosystem and the way drivers interact with their cars. Ericsson’s Connected Vehicle Cloud caters to the global automotive industry’s need for scalability, security and flexibility when connecting products and services. In a rapidly changing landscape, Ericsson helps vehicle manufacturers to handle fast-evolving factors with full support for development and solution management. Our connected vehicle solutions enable value-adding services while providing robust and secure global connectivity for OEMs and fleet managers.
As a Developer in this team you will be working in a team of highly skilled and motivated software developers and product managers to develop the Connected Vehicle Cloud. You will be a key person in further developing the Ericsson Automotive and IoT products.
- Develop and test high quality products
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Drive technical leadership in the domain
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team
- Participate in technical discussions with customers
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Education: MSc in Engineering or equivalent
- Min years of experience: 3 years
- Long experience from working in agile SW development teams
- Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven experience from innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Planning and organizing software development work
- Strong expertise in some of the following technical domains:
- Java based cloud service development
- Development using Docker or other container based deployments
- Using and developing in Linux based environment and using Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Design and administration of databases and in-memory caches (E.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Use of configuration management and CI/CD tools such as SVN/Git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, GoCD, etc
- Development of vehicle telematics and/or infotainment services
- Design of cloud services and protocols for communication with highly mobile devices
- Design of services for seamless and massive scaling
- Performance tuning, trouble shooting of multi-threaded SW design.
- Use of message queues and design of event based architecture
- Working with continuous deployment of cloud services
- Micro-service based architecture and design
- Using and/or contributing to open source software
- Design of software architecture using public IaaS and PaaS
This position is based in Lindholmen, Göteborg. The selection and interview process is ongoing, therefore send in your application in English as soon as possible. If you have any specific questions you are welcome to send an email to recruitment specialist Jason Mutsinze on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last day to apply: 6th of July 2017
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Göteborg || R&D;
Req ID: 195316