Jeppesen Entry Service Manager in Göteborg, Sweden
At Jeppesen we work with breakthrough technology, exciting customers and fantastic colleagues from around the world. Our culture is characterized by creativity, professionalism and hard work within an open and flexible work environment. We believe that our employees must be allowed to think big and have fun for us to remain one of the top companies in the industry. To get the best out of each talent, we encourage and enable our employees to continuously develop and explore.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a curious and energetic entry level Service Manager (Software Support Engineer) holding a Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with exposure to programming languages and a background in Linux. You are creative and analytical and enjoy working tightly with clients in an international environment. You inspire others and are not afraid to challenge other’s opinions in a smooth way.
A Software Support Engineer is technically responsible for 1-3 customers using our complex software solutions, and will support their IT and software development departments solving incidents, assisting with release upgrades and deployments, proactively suggesting technical improvements, and maintaining good customer relationships.
As a Service Manager you will:
- Deliver advanced technical support for our crew scheduling products for appointed clients, according to the maintenance agreement or Service Level Agreement
- Assist the client’s in-house support & administration team with the daily management of the product.
- Manage the client and their expectations of the support role that we provide.
- Assist the client with knowledge injections and problem solving.
- Act as internal customer on behalf of the clients; monitoring and emphasizing that issues regarded as important by the client are being dealt with.
- Collect and monitor client requirements for new product versions.
We desire a candidate with the following:
- strong analytical skills
- good communication skills
- a good technical foundation
Knowledge of Python, Java and Oracle is an advantage. Skills with databases, Linux or Unix and software development is also considered as a plus.
The team you will be working with consists of approximately 10 other Service Managers handling 20 customers within the EMEA region.
Last day of application will be Sunday, May 14th . Note that we don't accept applications through the below contact details. Note also that interviews will begin immediately and a suitable candidate may be found earlier than the close off date.
For questions about the position, please contact James Alford, Manager Customer Services & Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at +46 31 722 63 46