Ericsson Developer/Support Engineer in Göteborg, Sweden
Job Description – Developer/ Support Engineer@ Product Development Unit PCRelease & Support
We are seeking person with a genuine interest in providing high quality technical support. You need to be service minded and always keep the customers interest in mind. Having the right soft skills is also extremely important when working in our team, much due to the many diverse and different stakeholders you on a daily basis need to cooperate with.
As a Developer/Support engineer your main responsibilities are:
- Handle and drive CSR's (Customer Service Requests) from global customers.
- Participate in emergency handling.
- Participate in new product introduction projects.
The work requires that you are self-driven and service minded since the quality of our work has a direct impact on the customer satisfaction and perception of Ericsson as a professional supplier.
- You are passionate about what you do which is obvious from your actions
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems. Your love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge
- You are continuously developing your knowledge through experience, as well as reading and experimentation
- You love troubleshooting and digging into complex problems where it is not evident what causes the failed checkpoints or other symptoms you see
- You think repetitive tasks are so boring that you do anything to automate them so you can focus on the fun work instead
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- Software is more than just a job for you
You should have a passion for mobile networks, a creative way of working and a curiosity to try new ways of working in order to become more efficient. You're a team player who enjoys sharing your knowledge and skills with your colleagues across other business disciplines, but equally, you can work well independently. You have a thorough technical background and interested in learning the mobile network and particularly the packet core products.
- MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
You should also have:
- TCP/IP and routing knowledge
- Unix/Linux knowledge
- Software development skills
- Problem solver mind-set
- A positive attitude and a constructive way of solving problems
- Interest in improving work processes
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Be service minded, understanding the customer needs
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application and come meet us.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || No Selection || Göteborg || R&D;
Req ID: 194450