Jeppesen Agile Project Manager in Göteborg, Sweden
At Jeppesen we create amazing software that helps millions of passengers around the world to safely and efficiently reach their destination. Look up in the sky and you will see a quarter of a million crew members on thousands of aircraft flying schedules produced by our software. We are the best in the world at what we do and we are the preferred choice for the world’s premiere airlines such as Alaska, Swiss, Lufthansa, Delta Airlines, Qatar Airways, SAS, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Virginia Atlantic, Qantas, Singapore Airlines and many more.
Summary: Jeppesen is now looking for a Senior Project manager for their Global Implementation organization. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating single or multiple agile project teams in a Scaled Agile framework environment. The responsibility is to deliver client implementation projects on time, with expected profitability and client value for mainly aviation customer. In this role you should be able to team-up, keep it simple and guide the client through openness and with high quality deliveries to the clients. You will work in pair with a Client solutions Owner and may interact with Release Train Engineers and Chief Product Owners from the release Train. A person in this position must interact effectively throughout the organization to gain the authority to achieve his/her financial and project objectives. This position requires a high level of autonomy while retaining the ability to work in a collaborative environment. There might be frequent intercontinental travelling.
- MSc in computer science or equivalent.
- Certified Agile Scrum Master is preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience as a Project Manager on projects where Information Technology was a primary component.
- Experience in client-facing roles and relationship building to develop a strong understanding of the business.
- Formal experience from agile software development organizations is preferred.
- Formal experience from client implementations.
- Formal experience from working in Scaled Agile organizations.
- Formal experience from working in R&D; Product development organizations.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- An inner drive, strong curiosity and energizing mode is very much appreciated and valued.
- Act as client responsible towards the SAFe Release Management Team when applicable.
- Act as traditional Project Manager for Implementation projects towards mainly airline clients globally.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- Potentially act as Scrum Master for Agile Scrum teams within SAFe trains.
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- At a Project level define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
Application Please send us your application before August 18th. For questions about this position, contact Ulf Andersson, at email@example.com. Please not that we do NOT accept applications mailed directly to Ulf.
The Company At Jeppesen in Gothenburg, more than 350 employees from over 30 countries develop, implement and support cutting-edge resource optimization systems for airlines and railways. We solve some of the most intricate problems you can imagine – in one of the most exciting and dynamic industries you can find.
Jeppesen’ s crew and fleet management solutions are mainly developed in Gothenburg, with support from our offices in Montreal, Singapore, and New York. Jeppesen has 3,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA. Founded on the production of aeronautical charts, the company celebrated 80 years of guiding pilots safely to their destinations in 2014.
Jeppesen is a subsidiary of Boeing, the world’s leading aerospace company. Boeing is headquartered in Chicago, U.S.A., employing more than 160 000 people in 70 countries.